In Episode 4 of eCommerce Uncensored the guys of Fast Forward Unlimited talk about why it’s important to start your social media marketing campaign long before your eCommerce site or storefront is ready to launch. The guys also discuss a variety of tips on how to acquire an audience of captive customers waiting to bring you revenue.
A common mistake people make is spending all this time and money preparing to launch a business only to find no one even knows about it or cares. It is imperative to create a following and a visual brand to get people excited for your new venture.
Here are some ways the guys suggest creating a following:
- Get your social media profiles up: not only should you be creating a name for yourself on the different platforms, but start following others. When you follow people, they’re likely to follow you back and in this way you will organically bring attention to your page. Follow other brands similar to yours so you can see what your target audience is responding to.
- Keep your followers connected by posting: Once you have an audience, keep them engaged and coming back for more. Don’t just post about your own business, but post content that plays to the interests of your target customer.
- “Listen” to the feedback: your followers can tell you a lot about your market based on their responses (or lack of). This is a great way to learn what will or will not work long before you launch.
- Build an email list: One of the most important things you can do! This gives you the power to reach your target audience whenever you’re ready.
- Use the platform to your advantage: work the system to enrich the lives of the platform users. Post relevant content, often, to become more visible.
- Be authentic: don’t try to crack the algorithm. Post the stuff that interests you, and you will create a following of likeminded consumers ready to invest.
Create your social media movement early to get your followers involved and excited about the launch of your product.
If you have any questions about this podcast or how to grow your business in any way, we can always be reached at [email protected] or [email protected]. We’d love to chat with you and help you out in any way we can.