In Episode 35 of eCommerce Uncensored Paul gets Kevin and Jason’s thoughts on three eCommerce related questions in another Q & A session.
Question #1: What kinds of things can be done to obtain the trust of a customer?
Answer: Before a customer takes their credit card out, you definitely need to earn their trust. Some strategies to do this are:
– Testimonials, reviews, and Facebook comments from other happy customers. Social proof and word of mouth goes a long way.
– Offer them information to show that you know what you’re talking about. Make yourself the expert.
– Personalize yourself. Give your brand a face and a name. Videos are a great way to do this.
Questions #2: What are 3 main types of content and how do you market them differently?
Answer: Three great types of content to offer are…
– Blogs – This is an easy and inexpensive way to start growing a following for your brand or product. Make the content valuable to your reader so they want to see more.
Whichever you choose, its a good idea to repurpose your content and spread it out amongst the different platforms. Kind of like this podcast…the podcast is audio, we have a YouTube channel with this video and also podcast notes on our website. Same content, in three different ways.
Question #3: What are some challenges with copywriting, within marketing?
Answer: The right copy is so important! You need to know how to talk to people. Some things to try are:
– Appeal to the customer’s pain point
– Stay in touch with the sales people. They are dealing with customers directly on a regular basis. They hear concerns and have a lot of insight on how to best talk to the customer.
– Don’t be afraid to change it up and make adjustments. Play with different wording and headlines until you find what works.
Looking forward to hear what questions Paul is able to find for the guys next time. Don’t forget to please leave a comment below or reviewing us on iTunes.
You can also check out the video of our podcast on our YouTube channel. You can click here to check that out and subscribe.